Welcome to Soar Occupational Therapy
At Soar Occupational Therapy, we want to help you and yours, "soar"....to make the most of who you are.
Occupational Therapy helps people with illness, disability any type of difficulty, to engage with the everyday occupations that are meaningful to them.
For children, this may mean being able to play effectively, learn at school, learn how to become independent in looking after themselves and their belongings.
At Soar Occupational Therapy, we aim to be "the wind beneath your wings" so that you or your child can be as independent as possible.
Why parents choose us:
Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist with almost 30 years clinical background
Ongoing training and development in Paediatrics, Motor Development and movement skills, Sensory Processing, Child and Adolescent Mental Health
Empathetic and supportive- our approach is to give parents the tools to be the best "therapist" for their child at home. We aim to give you the information you need to support your child
Evidence Based and effective interventions.
School Based Difficulties- attention, handwriting, organisation etc.
Activities of Daily Living
Washing, Dressing, Toileting, Organisational Skills.... we have ideas which can help
Sensory Processing Difficulties
Expert in identifying and managing sensory difficulties.
Gross & Fine Motor Skills
Assessment and treatment of motor difficulties including Dyspraxia, Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida etc
What parents and teachers say
Thank you so much for being at (Named) School. Your input was critical
and validated what we are doing. It is so insightful for us. Just to
realise that (child's name) washing his teeth is linked to him feeling safe. So happy to work with you...Waterford Client
Thank you so very much for your time and amazing expertise last Monday you really helped me so much .Thanks isn’t enough but thanks... Dungarvan Client
Meet Maureen Ryan
Maureen Ryan is a highly qualified Occupational Therapist, with 27 years experience treating the needs of her clients.
Maureen has successfully run her own private practice based in Waterford over the past 10 years. We see and advise clients in Waterford, the rest of Ireland, the UK, France, and Australia.
Maureen has completed training in :
- Honours degree in Occupational Therapy (Trinity College, Dublin).
- NDT/ Bobath Certificate Course in the management and treatment of children with Cerebral Palsy
- Sensory Integration Level 1 at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London.
- Therapeutic Listening training; and The Vestibular-Auditory-Visual Triad training (Sheila Frick)
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Smartmoves training (Sharon Drew)
- ADOS-2 Clinical Assessment Training (TCD-Dublin)
- Seminars on Dyspraxia with Professor Cheryl Missiuna (hosted by Dyspraxia Ireland).
- International Coach Federation (ICF) :- Coach Training
- Attachment & Psychopathology training- Dr P. Crittenden
- SAI (Sensory Attachment Intervention) Foundation Module training (Eadaoin Breathnach)
- SAI Adolescents & Adult (Eadaoin Breathnach)
- Maureen is an expert assessor for conditions such as Dyspraxia. She also carries out assessments for Autistic Spectrum Disorders (as part of team assessments)
- Maureen is currently completing a Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy).
- Maureen is state registered with CORU, the statutory Health and Social Care Professionals Registration body.
- She is a member of the professional body for Occupational Therapists, the Association of Occupational Therapists in Ireland (AOTI). Maureen serves on the committee of the Paediatric Advisory Group for AOTI.
- Maureen undergoes regular professional supervision to maintain high standards of practice.
- Maureen provides a professional supervision service to other Occupational Therapists
The Paddock, Gracedieu, Waterford
At Waterford Medical Centre, Kilbarry Shopping Centre (onMon, Tues)
© Copyright soartherapy.ie